Old April 23rd 09, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] thconniffe@googlemail.com is offline

Default East London Line Ex Ph 2 funding deal / loss of Vic - Bellinghamservice - Shoreditch High Street - Squalid little deal

On 23 Apr, 20:17, Mwmbwls wrote:
I am not surprised at the DfT's
concern about revenue extraction being subordinated to their
obligations to avoid PIXC, or more generally to promote, with other
Government Departments, the regeneration of economically depressed
areas. These are, after all, the guys who claim loss of fuel duty as
reason for not improving the rail network, irrespective of the
environmental impact. The tone of their correspondence with London
Travel Watch shows that however hard they try they can't avoid bowing
to the little yellow god that is their inner short term
accountant.

I always enjoy your posts, both on uk.r/u.t.l and on
londonreconnections; however, you excel yourself here. Your last
sentence in particular had me laughing out loud - I too have
experience of the Westminster village bean counters...

THC