Old April 24th 09, 05:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Jackman[_2_] David Jackman[_2_] is offline

Default Railcard changes w.e.f. 17/05/09

"John Salmon" wrote in
:

"Andrew Wilson" wrote in message

Has LU started offering railcard discounts recently? Every time I've
tried to buy a Z1-6 Day Travelcard with my disabled railcard I've
been told that LU don't do them so I normally to buy them from NR
stations. If this is now the case however do you get more for your
money if you buy one from LU?

I'm not sure about 'recently' and I'm not sure how consistent it is
across the whole of LU. I've certainly bought a Senior Railcard
discounted Travelcard at Cockfosters (after driving there from
Retford); at one time, as you're suggesting, it was
difficult/impossible to get railcard discounts at LU stations. I
expect someone will be along soon with the facts...

I've never had a problem buying one from an LU ticket office, but you do
need to find a station with an open ticket office as the LU's machines
don't sell them.

David