Old April 25th 09, 01:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default ES - Boris' one term Mayoralty?

Paul Corfield wrote:

I'm in two minds. There's a bit of me that would not be remotely
surprised if he only wanted to do one term - it almost feels now as if
he is bored with the job given he's delegated almost every role to a
deputy. I've no doubt he's hugely ambitious and would love to be PM. It
creates a potential nightmare for the Tory Party though if he decides to
pursue that ambition. I would not wish to be in David Cameron's shoes.

I think he can relax a bit. The rules for the Conservative leadership would
make it difficult for Boris to force a contest let alone get his candidacy
to the party membership (who are not that enthusiastic for a BoJo
premiership anyway).