Old April 25th 09, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Oyster £3 deposit to be charged for season tickets

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:28:00 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T wrote:

On Apr 24, 1:06*am, asdf wrote:
[4 quoted lines suppressed]

When did the £3 deposit start being implemented for weekly tickets? It
didn't used to be.

I suspect this is a result of the TfL budget crunch.

A bit of a shame in one way, but an Oyster card obviously carries a
higher cost, and also I don't really like the notion that people might
have considered them as being disposable (having objections to the
'disposable culture' and all that).

I wonder how much a card actually costs? I know a standard antenna/chip
card can be had for much less than £3, but custom cards can stretch over
£10, have they ever said the real card cost?

Steve