Old April 25th 09, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default Oyster £3 deposit to be charged for season tickets

wrote:
On Apr 25, 2:45 pm, "tim....." wrote:
I had to pay the L3 for an oyster card last year. And now I can't even
conveniently charge it up online for payg, because I have US credit cards
and the system can't accept them.
Gov wins. They got L6 off of us, then changed the rules. Money for
nothing.

so get a refund of the three quid when you next return to London, wtp?

...or top it up at LHR.

I think I'm getting in too late for that. I didn't even know you could
at LHR. Do you mean at the tube station? I'm taking a minicab, anyway.

Sorry to be thick -- but I can get a refund on the initial oyster card
price, but keep the card? Or I have to turn it in? I plan to keep it,
unless you know that the system is going to change in 2010.

Thanks.

cat