Old April 27th 09, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe[_2_] Joe[_2_] is offline

Default London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

Mizter T wrote:
The Tube was judged on several criteria including customer service
levels, geographical coverage, technological innovations, safety and
security and the condition of the network.

Having been to Berlin recently I was shocked that many of the
underground stations were unstaffed. The stations were filthy and
covered in graffiti, although I did like the fact that the doors open
before the train stops, shortening dwell times.

LU might be expensive, but in my (albeit limited) experience of staffing
levels, they seem to be right up the top.