Old December 19th 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Another Oyster Prepay Thread - How Do You Buy It?

I@n wrote:
I do not have a photocard.

Oystercard.com won't let you buy a prepay card without a photocard
number.

Oystercard telephone sales won't let you buy a prepay card without a
photocard number.

Fulham Broadway tube station (admittedly the only one I've tried at
but it's not exactly small) are adamant that there is no such thing as
a prepay card, they can't sell me one, and they can't give me a
photocard on it's own either.

Come to Gloucester Road. We had Oyster roving sales people today! Even
if they aren't there, if you say to the ticket office staff you want a
photocard because you'll be getting an Oystercard, they'll give the
photocard to you no problem. It took me about 15 seconds.

Obviously the Fulham Bdy people are uneducated on the matter (and hence
wrong) but sometimes it's just easier to go elsewhere...

I know it's not usable yet but the web site says it can be bought now.
Or am I supposed to wait until Jan 4th and then buy it in the tube
station (hopefully someone will have educated Fulham Broadway by
then). Will I still get 2003 prices if I can't buy it until Jan 4th?

Yes, the fares only start on Jan 4th anyway and run through to the
following New Year.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7