Old April 27th 09, 06:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Rail-only season tickets and Oyster

On Apr 27, 7:12*am, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
Obviously you cannot rule out changes to ticket products but I would
expect the removal of rail only seasons to be hugely unpopular with some
rail passengers as well as the TOCs themselves.

Well here's a key question - if the rail only seasons are still on paper
will extension tickets be available at the old prices or will they be hiked
up to punish the season ticket holder for not having it on Oyster?

That's a much better-expressed version of what I was saying.

Based on the LU model, if you had a paper season covering you from
Belmont to Victoria, but one evening wanted to visit someone in
Banstead, the extension from Belmont to Banstead would cost more than
the PAYG fare from Victoria to Banstead.