Old April 28th 09, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
MIG MIG is offline

Default Buggy On Bus Discrimination Claim

On Apr 28, 8:21*am, "Ian F." wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

rth.li...

If your children are small enough to need a pushchair, they're small
enough to lift out of it with ease. If they're big enough that you can't,
they should bloody well be walking.

I've often wondered why having procreated gives people the right to invade
everyone else's space with their ridiculous means of child transport. Either
use a foldaway buggy - and fold it up on a bus - or carry the brats.

I don't really see why someone who is putting in 24 hours a day to
provide the people who will look after us in our old age should be
forbidden to travel.

However much anyone is annoyed by very occasionally being delayed a
couple of minutes by a buggy, at least you don't have to look after
their children.

There are probably societies where everyone on the bus would see it as
their responsibility to help, eg hold the child while the mother folds
the buggy etc, but in a society where everyone is on their own, while
others just look on and tut, they'll make whatever arrangements they
see fit, and good luck to em.