Old April 28th 09, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Buggy On Bus Discrimination Claim

In message , at 18:37:09 on Tue,
28 Apr 2009, Ian Jelf remarked:
People travelled less then, and were prepared to walk much further.

While I would agree that people walked further, I would dispute that
people travelled less per se.

When I was growing up, a 50 mile trip from one side of London to the
other [albeit by car] was something you'd plan on taking most of the
day. Driving 150 miles to a holiday resort was a once-a-year thing.