Old April 29th 09, 06:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
DW downunder DW downunder is offline

Default London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:21:11 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message , writes
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:33:41 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:

SNIP
I was in Brussels last year a couple of times. The metro seemed quite
tidy to me though the information was woeful. We ended up going in the
wrong direction on one of the underground tram lines because trying to
decode the rats nest system map for the centre was a nightmare.

SNIP
Brussels' metro system is not very intuitive at all. It seems they have
just completed their circle line so goodness knows how it runs now. I
prefer the old traditional street tramway sections in Brussels but I
understand that a fair slice of them have gone and been replaced by the
tunnel sections that were built but not put into use for many years.
Only in Belgium could they spend a fortune on tunnels and then not use
them.

Did I hear the word "Kingsway" echoing in the distance??

DW down under