Old April 30th 09, 11:18 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Railcard changes w.e.f. 17/05/09

On Apr 30, 10:42*am, stan5001 wrote:
I bought a zone 1-2 off-peak travelcard on a weekend from a ticket
machine at Clapham Junction, selected the Network Railcard discount
and got it for £5.

I only needed 1-2 but presume if I'd selected the 1-6 zones one it
still would have been £5?

Take a look at the ticket if you've still got it - I'm 99.9% certain
it would've been issued as as a zones 1-6 Day Travelcard (indeed when
using the Scheidt & Bachmann ticket machines, as soon as you select a
Railcard discount then the zones covered jumps from z1&2 to z1-6).

And given that Clapham Junction is a London Overground station if I
went to the ticket office, would they sell me one for £4.90!?

No - the ticket office and ticket machines are run by South West
Trains.

Furthermore, I rather suspect that if you were to buy a Railcard-
discounted Day Travelcard from a London Overground ticket office or
ticket machine it too would cost £5.00, as LO use 'National Rail
standard' ticket issuing systems.

It does seem remarkably daft that LU can't manage to sell these
tickets for the same price as 'National Rail' does - it introduces a
completely unnecessary confusion factor where there's absolutely no
need for one.