Old April 30th 09, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster on National Rail - Variable Minimum Journey Times

On Apr 30, 1:53*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 30 Apr, 01:30, MIG wrote:
I can't understand why it relates to stations at all, rather than
journeys.

My guess is that interchanging at these stations (and touching a
validator) extends your allowable maximum journey time. The inclusion
of eg Earl's Court implies they're going to install interchange
validators there that people making long journeys will have to touch.

Hmm, that's a possible explanation, but I'm not so sure that's the
plan. Though I can't really fathom out the meaning of this list of
stations, apart from thinking that they form a testbed, with a system-
wide rollout yet to come.

I wonder if Mr Salter (the OP) might be so kind as to divulge where
this information came from?