Old April 30th 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Railcard changes w.e.f. 17/05/09

On Apr 30, 2:47*pm, stan5001 wrote:
No, it was definitely z1-2 (I assumed that it upon selecting a
railcard discount it would do as you suggested and print a z1-6
card...).

My apologies then - SWT's S&B ticket machines appear to have been
programmed differently (i.e. more stupidly) to those I've used on
Southeastern. They really should just spew out a z1-6 Day Travelcard -
technically speaking there's no such product as a Railcard discounted
z1&2 (or indeed z1-4 or z2-6) Day Travelcard. It wouldn't however be
the first time that a ticket vending machine was badly configured.

Question now is can I really be mad enough to wonder up to Clapham
Common station to save myself 10p this weekend...

Ha! (Go for it - the walk'll do you good!)

Not so long ago I had difficulty getting a discounted Day Travelcard
at an LU station with a Network Railcard - the ticket clerk was
insistent that it needed an accompanying photocard (ala a 16-25
Railcard). I evidently looked exasperated enough that they issued it
after a moment or two of being obstinate.