Old May 1st 09, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] fonn_volt_west@hotmail.com is offline

Default Simon Jenkins in 'is idiot' shock

On 30 Apr, 23:18, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, John B wrote:
"Crossrail will eat money. Kill it, Boris, and save the bankrupt Tube
instead"
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-details/artic...

This is the crux of the idiocy:

"The Central line's parallel capacity can easily be increased by station
improvements and better management."

Pray tell us, Mr Jenkins, how. How, one might say, *the *****.

Sir Simon is a polemicist, meaning that he likes to dispute the
obvious.

While I take your point, Tom, I notice you didn't include the rest of
his paragraph. I've done that, and emphasised the important 5 words:

"This project's only real friends have been in the City, eager to fend
off the "threat" from Docklands and garner the bulk of the 900,000
extra office jobs predicted for London a decade ago. NOBODY EXPECTS
THAT NEED NOW. The Central line's parallel capacity can easily be
increased by station improvements and better management."