Old May 1st 09, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
MIG MIG is offline

Default Buggy On Bus Discrimination Claim

On 1 May, 07:33, "Ian F." wrote:
"Neil Williams" wrote in message

I must admit this is one that gets me. *Assuming a 2-parent family
(which I know isn't a given, but is still AIUI the majority), why do
both parents and the screaming kid who really doesn't want to be there
have to go together to the supermarket so they can irritate the other
shoppers?

It's a well-known fact that people only take their kids to the supermarket
so they can hit them!

Ian

But who ripped off whose joke? Was it David Baddiel or Jack Dee?

But in general, all public transport would run more smoothly without
the passengers for whom it is intended to provide a service.

The only passenger who never causes any delay or annoyance on the bus
is the one left standing (or sitting) on the pavement. The way that
performance on London Buses seems to be measured by getting empty
buses to checkpoints on time without being troubled by passengers is
in line with a general move towards only efficient passengers being
allowed on.

What side of the efficiency line might members of this group end up on
as they get older or have kids?