Old May 1st 09, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Simon Jenkins in 'is idiot' shock

In message , Theo Markettos
writes
Ian Jelf wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes
Ian Jelf wrote:

He spoke total drivel about a subject he'd not grasped and failed to
understand, let alone answer, a question put to him pointing out the
hole in his argument.

If you can get paid to do that, why am I wasting my time on Usenet doing it
for free?

Well I carved a career out of it I suppose.......

I don't know if you've ever worked in Cambridge,

Er, yes. A lot! :-)

but here the chaffeur punt
guides have it as a competitive sport... the size and volume of porkies you
can get past the guillible victi^Wtourists without them smelling a rat.
No
qualifications required except student status and an ability to punt.

Whereas we go through two years and twelve exams (he said somewhat
haughtily, although it's not meant in that way). Although by no means
without faults, I can honestly say that fibbing to clients is definitely
off the agenda for us!

The
punt companies seem quite willing to overlook lack of the latter.

Scary!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK