Old May 2nd 09, 12:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Oyster on National Rail - Variable Minimum Journey Times

Mizter T wrote
[snip]
I touched in on platform 16 at 10:34.

I touched out at SPB (NR) and almost then in on the Central line.

I touched out at Hanger Lane at about 11:10.

I then reversed the journey from Hanger Lane starting shortly

after
13:00. At CLJ I arrived on platform 2, and I had had got most of

[snip]
There is indeed an out-of-station interchange configured between

Hanger Lane and Park Royal - see the list of OSIs here [1]:
http://www.dragondark.co.uk/osi/osi.htm

That might sort-of of explains it. However, an OSI is of course for

people transferring between stations - logically one would have
thought that re-entering the *same* station (especially through the
gates, which provide unambiguous entry and exit points to the system)
would mean any potential OSI considerations on that card were
cancelled and a brand new journey started.

Furthermore, the OSI list above (accurate as of November '08) shows

that up to 25 minutes is allowed for when transferring between Hangar
Lane and Park Royal.

The above journey included another OSI, SPB (Shepherds Bush) which is
new and which I don't know the allowance for but the weird result may
be due to it or to the combination.

Has anyone reported on OSI results when re-entering the *same* station,
eg at Bow Road ?

--
Mike D