Old May 6th 09, 06:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] d7666@hotmail.com is offline

Default Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

On May 5, 4:56*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

NEW CROSSRAIL ROUTE SAFEGUARDED

I'm one of those that doesn't *think Reading will be that useful a Crossrail
terminus IF all the proposed Crossrail services remain as all station
stoppers. However, if there is a way of having a Crossrail fast service -

There is a surprising amount of joined up thinking *if* one includes
GWML electrification. If - yes its a big if - the strategy really is
to electrifiy GWML, and the runes currently suggest it is, then 100%
sense is to deal with Crossrail only as an inner suburban / stopping
train project, and leave the outer suburban / express commuter service
as an overlay on GWML intercity. After all, all the relevant 25 kV
wires will be in place at least along the main route[s] if not on the
Thames dead end branches, and would not leave Reading as the electric
limit, at least [I assume] Oxford and Swindon would be in it, the
latter would make a good extension of out suburban, rather line GN
route EMU reach Peterboro.

--
Nick