Old May 6th 09, 08:16 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D DB 90001 D DB 90001 is offline

Default Park and train in/near West London

On May 6, 1:13*am, Mizter T wrote:
On May 6, 12:21*am, D DB 90001
wrote:

On May 6, 12:04*am, Mizter T wrote:

[snip OP's question]

The obvious place when coming in on the M40/A40 into London is
Hillingdon Underground station on the Metropolitan and Piccadilly
lines - it's not far from where the M40 crosses the M25 and becomes
the A40 - you take the turn-off for Hillingdon, and I'm pretty sure
the Underground station is also signposted from the A40 too - see this
map:http://www.streetmap.co.uk/oldmap.sr...&y=184750&lm=1

[big snip]

The other more leftfield suggestion I have is that of possibly parking
in the village of Lewknor - which is just off junction 6 of the M40 -
and then catching the frequent Oxford Tube coach service into London,

Incidently the Oxford tube also stops at Hillingdon very close to the
tube station, so if the tube is misbehaving then it's not too late to
switch to coach there.

Though I'm not sure that you can use it for journeys from Hillingdon
into central London and v.v., though the website doesn't say this -
but the website is a bit shabby at providing the more esoteric
information (e.g. about the stop at Lewknor) so I wouldn't take what
it says (and doesn't say) as being definitive.

I can confirm that it is possible because I've done the journey
before, iirc, the fares were very reasonable as well, I think it was
about £2/3 for a single to central London.