Old May 6th 09, 06:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Polson[_2_] Tony Polson[_2_] is offline

Default Park and train in/near West London

Mizter T wrote:

On May 6, 2:29*pm, Tony Polson wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Thanks for the info, that's certainly useful to know. Coming into
central London it's obviously dependent on whether or not there's any
free seats on board but as both Oxford Tube and Oxford Espress stop
there then you'd not have to wait long before another coach came
along.

But pointless if you cannot find anywhere to park.

Of course. As I've just posted downthread, I'll happily defer to your
wisdom on this one!

I think I was simply mildly intrigued by the slight curiosity of being
able to catch one of these coach services from Hillingdon into town.
Occasionally knowing about such transport oddities might even be
useful!

And I do wonder if local residents make use of it at all - it could
actually be useful for them.

I think it was reasonably well used when the stop was at the Master
Brewer pub/motel, which was located on the north east side of the A40/
Long Lane traffic lights at Hillingdon Circus.

The road diversion devastated the Master Brewer's business. It lost
almost all of its passing trade. It was still there a couple of years
ago, boarded up, but I think it has probably been demolished.

PS I just looked on Google Street View and the site is now just a pile
of rubble.