Old May 6th 09, 09:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mark Goodge Mark Goodge is offline

Default Park and train in/near West London

On Wed, 6 May 2009 10:29:32 -0700 (PDT), Alistair Bell put finger to
keyboard and typed:

On May 6, 10:58*am, Mark Goodge
wrote:
I am planning to do "the right thing" as you put it, and use a public
transport system. It's just that, unlike most times when I visit
London, I will be starting from a location that is not served by rail.
Hence the thread title being "park and train".

Have you considered Warwick Parkway? Less driving, more sitting being
productive on a train. Decent-sized car park, and trains are roughly
half-hourly to Marylebone (whence, of course, you can either take the
Bakerloo one stop and change cross-platform to the Jubilee, or just
walk five minutes to Baker Street and pick up the Jubbly there)

That's assuming, of course, that you're coming from far enough north
in Worcestershire that you'll be going past Warwick on the M40
anyway...

No; I'll be probably starting on the edge of the Cotswolds in
south-east Worcestershire. I did consider somewhere like
Moreton-in-Marsh or Evesham (I'll probably be close enough to one or
other of those for it to be reasonably convenient), but the trains on
that line are slow and infrequent and I've heard too many stories of
poor reliability. So I'm not particularly inclined to trust them,
given that my travel time is likely to be somewhat inflexible.

Mark
--
Blog: http://mark.goodge.co.uk
Stuff: http://www.good-stuff.co.uk