Old May 7th 09, 12:15 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Park and train in/near West London

In uk.railway Mizter T wrote:
This reminds me of someone telling me about how they used to travel
into town from their home in the London suburbs back in the 70's - the
normal way was on a regular London bus route, but if they were feeling
flush then they might opt for the quicker Green Line coach instead

I used to do the same from my part of Cambridge (Trumpington) into the
centre. Until a year or two ago, there was only a bus every two or three
hours on a Sunday. But Cambridge-Trumpington-London is an hourly(-ish)
National Express service. So I used to catch these instead to go the 3
miles into town. At a pound each way it was cheaper than the local buses
too! Got some funny looks from the drivers though.

Theo