Old May 7th 09, 01:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
DW downunder DW downunder is offline

Default Thameslink KO1 to Tonbridge and Dartford?

Thanks, a great article. Wish I'd read it while I was still working at
Holborn Circus. Would've had a better idea of the things I saw as I was
strolling around or rushing to get a BedPan out of Farringdon. Probably
would've spend hours nosing around instead of in the office Returned to
Oz just before Thameslink got the nod. -

Still leaves unclear the question of whether the access is still feasible,
and indeed I have a suspicion there were two curves there, one possibly
being a goods avoiding line to the Mid Rly goods yard, and the other
connecting to the Moorgate tracks.

David down under

"David A Stocks" wrote in message

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

I don't know if it's even remotely possible in view of buildings which
have appeared since the spur was closed (90 years ago?). Certainly not
possible in time for help during the Thameslink Project, and useless in
the long term.

Like you, I suspect the route is now blocked. This article gives some
history:

www.semgonline.com/RlyMag/ChathamConMoorgate.pdf

I would dispute the 'useless in the long term' bit - at one time Brighton
to Moorgate was my daily commute, and a service that avoided the change at
Farringdon would have been very useful!

D A Stocks