Old December 20th 03, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Buses Acceptable ?

"Edward Cowling" wrote the following in:

Someone said to me the other day that if nothing
else Ken Livingstone had made buses an acceptable
way to travel.

Everyone uses buses these days, they said.

Do they ? I still consider the bus as drop in
centres on wheels and would rather walk 5 miles
in the rain than use one.

What is the overall perception of them out there
in Internet land ??

I used to consider them next to useless things that were far too
complicated to understand and far too slow and infrequent to ever be
any use. But recently I've got more familiar with various bus routes
and in a lot of places buses are pretty quick and frequent, so I now
use them quite a bit. For example, they're the only sensible way to get
from Aldwych or Holborn to Waterloo.

As for the "drop in centres on wheels", that's a pretty silly thing to
say. In my experience of buses they're used by a fairly broad cross
section of society. Yes, you will come across members of the public if
you ride a bus but you'll find them anywhere else too and if you find
that such a problem you should really just stay at home.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Robin May may be my name, but Robin is my first name.