Old May 7th 09, 11:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Railist Railist is offline

Default Standard says sorry, relaunches, will now be nice

On 7 May, 08:03, "DW downunder" noname wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

rth.li...

Apparently:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/gree...london-evening...

I mention this because the Standard's coverage of transport issues has
been discussed here in the past.

Personally, i'll believe the Standard has turned over a new leaf when i
see Andrew Gilligan fired. Into space. In a capsule made of a hollowed-out
Simon Jenkins.

Was that to Gilligan's Island, out there somewhere between Mars and Jupiter?

Also, i have just learned that the Standard has a columnist called Sophia
Money-Coutts. That's her ACTUAL NAME! And she's Bill Deedes's
grand-daughter! If you made that up, people wouldn't believe you!

tom

--
And dear lord, its like peaches in a lacy napkin. -- James Dearden

I bought a 10p copy a few days ago, and the Standard were warning that
they would hold Boris Johnson to his promise to get rid of
Bendybuses.

Sounds like the same old crappy paper I remember...