Old May 10th 09, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence[_2_] Peter Lawrence[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink KO1 to Tonbridge and Dartford?

On Thu, 7 May 2009 21:04:31 +0800, "DW downunder" noname wrote:

Thanks, a great article. Wish I'd read it while I was still working at
Holborn Circus. Would've had a better idea of the things I saw as I was
strolling around or rushing to get a BedPan out of Farringdon. Probably
would've spend hours nosing around instead of in the office Returned to
Oz just before Thameslink got the nod. -

Still leaves unclear the question of whether the access is still feasible,

The start of the article describes the Snow Hill to Smithfield tunnel
being demolished to make way for a new market building; this was
indeed built and is definitely blocking the route.

and indeed I have a suspicion there were two curves there, one possibly
being a goods avoiding line to the Mid Rly goods yard, and the other
connecting to the Moorgate tracks.

Sorry, there was only one curve from Snow Hill to Smithfield. There
were connections from the widened lines into ex Great Western
Smithfield Goods Depot at the Smithfield junction and at
Aldersgate/Barbican - both in tunnel as the depot was underground (it
is now a car park).
--
Peter Lawrence