Old May 11th 09, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Polson[_2_] Tony Polson[_2_] is offline

Default More Piccys from the IOW

"DW downunder" noname wrote:
"Tony Polson" wrote:
"DW downunder" noname wrote:

I don't recall the solid yellow front, and the Island outline/Ryde rail
logo
from my visit. Anyone know whether this is a Mk II NSE treatment? Now wish
I'd bought a camera back then -

It is quite possibly a later treatment, because the blue stripe over the
windows is the later, darker NSE shade. If there was an earlier NSE
treatment, the blue would have been much lighter and the white and red
stripes under the windows would have swept up sharply at the unit ends.
Do you recall that?

Yes, I'm getting old, eh?

You and me both, then. ;-)

I have no recollection of either of these liveries as my first ever
visit to the IOW - apart from a brief return trip on the hovercraft from
Southsea - was to travel on the Class 483 1938 stock. The Class 485/6
Standard stock was still on the Island in the livery shown on the photo,
but in quite a tatty state.

The MkII NSE form isn't as pleasing to the eye, which might explain why the
current 483 presentation hasn't raised so many hackles.

Almost anything is an improvement on the dinosaurs. ;-)