Old May 12th 09, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default More Piccys from the IOW

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
(Bill Hayles) wrote:

The earliest cars refurbished and shipped over were built in 1923, the
latest in 1931. The step plate on every door was engraved with the
maker's name and date of building. AFAIR there were 2 1923 cars (with
a central door pillar)

There were also 1934-built cars. I've not got my reference material
to hand or I'd tell you how many.

I've now checked the LT car numbers as given on Wikipaedia against my Ian
Allan ABC London Transport Railways 1963 edition and 5 were 1934 stock.
This included BR car number 10 (LT number 3696) which was bought as a
spare. Did it ever run in service on the Island? Only six of th driving
motor cars were from the 1923-30 batches with the others from the 1931
batch.

--
Colin Rosenstiel