Old May 13th 09, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
plcd1 plcd1 is offline

Default Excitement as Oyster reader spotted at Brixton

On May 7, 11:01*am, Mizter T wrote:
On May 7, 1:03*am, Tangent wrote:

On 10 Mar, 08:40, Rupert Candy
wrote:

On the Down platform next to the PERTIS machine (Brixton has no
proper ticket machine). A sign that Southeastern and Boris have
reached some sort of agreement?

In the past couple of days, several of the stations on the Hayes Line
have just had readers installed - if the money's being spent on
infrastructure, then full implementation can only be a few months away.

Oyster PAYG on NR is coming eventually, no doubt, but I wouldn't get
too excited about it's imminent arrival just yet - some Southern
stations have had standalone Oyster readers at the ready, but
crucially *not* in use, since September 2008 (if not earlier).

I've seen some talk that it'll be 2010 before NR accepts Oyster PAYG
across all routes in London. It seems unlikely that individual TOCs
will go ahead and accept Oyster before others do, especially south of
the river where the routes of different TOCs are all so interconnected
with each other. All the TOCs will leap together on this one now
(including SWT, who were apparently being obstinate for a period).
Boris, like Ken beforehand, has been yelling "jump" at them for ages,
but they're an uncooperative bunch!

Well, well Mizter T it seems you have the ability to predict the
future!

London Travelwatch have gone in to angry mode about NR PAYG being
delayed until 2010.

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news.php?id=646

A bit more here in terms of a TfL response.

I wonder when the next set of Mayor's questions is? I think we can
predict what might form part of the list of questions. The response
will also be interested because there has been no definitive statement
that a formal agreement has actually been signed off by all of the
parties. In addition it's quite likely that commercial and technical
issues are now starting to "collide" resulting in changes to the scope
of the software thus delaying development, testing and deployment.

Interesting times ahead.

--
Paul C
via Google