Old May 13th 09, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Taking a bike from London Bridge to Hither Green on a thursday

In article i,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

Evening all,

I want to visit a friend who lives near Hither Green (or
thereabouts - not totally sure what the closest railway station is
yet) tomorrow evening. I'll be going from work, which is (not
quite) in the City. It strikes me as a bit far to cycle, especially
as i don't know the area. So, i want to take the train from London
Bridge, and take my bike with me, so i can cycle from the station
to her house, and then from London Bridge home later on.

I understand that Southeastern don't take trains on London-leaving
trains before 1900, which is fair enough. Does anyone happen to
know if my understanding is correct?

Well, no. They wouldn't take trains on trains at any time. 16:00 to 19:00
seems to be the general bike curfew time on trains though.

Moreover, is it realistic for me to think i will be able to get on
a train with my bike soon after that? I have this terrible vision
of the evening peak being standing-room-only and not conducive to
bikes for hours on end.

I've managed to get my bike on trains after 19:00, even in the District
Line to East Putney when Chelsea are playing at home, not the best idea.

--
Colin Rosenstiel