Old December 20th 03, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Buses Acceptable ?

In article , Robin
May wrote:
I used to consider them next to useless things that were far too
complicated to understand and far too slow and infrequent to ever
be any use. But recently I've got more familiar with various bus
routes and in a lot of places buses are pretty quick and
frequent,

I'd hardly been on a bus in 20 years until I started working out of
an office in Twickenham town centre with numerous bus routes
outside. The service is a lot better than ever I remembered and the
stops with the Countdown indicators are a great innovation (as long
as the info is accurate): in many cases you don't mind if there's
not a bus for 15 minutes if you know it's going to be 15 minutes -
you can go off and buy a paper or whatever without that feeling
that the moment you move away from a stop the bus will come.

--
Tony Bryer