Old May 15th 09, 01:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Piccadilly Turnham Green

wrote:
If the main issue with a long term stop at Turnham Green is the
increased journey times for Piccadilly line users then i'm all up for
replacing the stop at Barons Court with a stop at Turnham Green.
Barons Court and Turnham Green may have similar entry and exit numbers
but Turnham Green is at a point where the district line divides and
hence it has potential as a very useful interchange stop. If I'm
travelling from Richmond, Kew or Gunnersbury on the District Line and
need to travel West on the Piccadilly Line, this currently requires me
to first change on to an Ealing bound district line service to Acton
Town and then change on to the Piccadilly Line from there, adding
10-15 minutes to my journey. Likewise, if a traveller is on the
Heathrow or Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly Line going east and
wishes to travel on the Richmond Branch of the District Line they also
have this time wasting double change.

I would rather they stopped the District Richmond branch completely, ran a
Crossrail branch from Old Oak down to Richmond and further, and built a new
Picc/District/NLL/Crossrail station to replace Chiswick Park and South Acton
which would both close. But apparently the people of Richmond don't want
that!