Old May 15th 09, 06:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Polson[_2_] Tony Polson[_2_] is offline

Default Park and train in/near West London

Mark Goodge wrote:

On Wed, 6 May 2009 08:24:28 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T put finger to
keyboard and typed:

Anyway I trust the various suggestions have been useful, I hope you've
ignored my "obvious" yet fairly rubbish suggestion of Hillingdon, and
wonder if you might update us with whatever choice you make in the end
and tell us how well it worked.

FWIW, I used Beaconsfield. It met all the requirements: Easy access
from the M40, a frequent service and plenty of parking. The only fly
in the ointment was the fact that the card terminal didn't seem to
like my credit card, despite it having plenty of available credit, so
I had to go and get some cash from a nearby ATM before I could travel.

I had seriously considered using one of the Cotswold Line stations
(such as Moreton-in-Marsh) as that would have been convenient for my
starting point, but in the end I was glad I didn't. I ended up staying
in London far longer than expected, mainly due to the fact that the
meeting was shifted to a new location and I took the opportunity to
stay behind afterwards for a bit of sightseeing - which wouldn't have
been possible if I'd needed to catch a specific train on an infrequent
schedule in order to get back at a reasonable time. The service
to/from Beaconsfield, by contrast, is frequent enough to be pretty
much turn-up-and-go all day, so I could just set off when I felt like
it rather than trying to match my movements to a timetable.

You're welcome. ;-)