Old May 15th 09, 08:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Crossrail under way

On 15 May, 19:38, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Is there any detail available yet about direct interchange between the DLR
and Crossrail here - it is the DLR station at West India Quay that is
immediately above, so could there yet be some renaming of existing stations?

Boris himself posted this picture which shows what's what:
http://twitpic.com/57hlg/full

Note that West India Quay and Canary Wharf DLR aren't even in the
photo. I think the walking route to both CW DLR and Jubilee Line
stations will be reasonably short (via the collonade of trees, bottom
right), but the only route that doesn't require crossing roads is to
West India Quay.

The random columns in that photo represent the ground floor of a new
as-yet-undesigned development, which will surely have indoor
connections to both Poplar DLR and the Crossrail station, and
potentially West India Quay, which of course would also mean an indoor
interchange route.

Finally, the man in the appallingly ill-fitting suit is apparently our
prime minister, though I can't find any planning documents that back
this up.

Or will they stick with three totally separate Canary Wharf stations, and
have a pretty confusing set of 'outerchanges'?

Very likely.