Old May 16th 09, 01:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crossrail under way

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Mr Thant wrote:

On 15 May, 19:38, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Is there any detail available yet about direct interchange between the DLR
and Crossrail here - it is the DLR station at West India Quay that is
immediately above, so could there yet be some renaming of existing stations?

Boris himself posted this picture which shows what's what:
http://twitpic.com/57hlg/full

Wow. I didn't realise it was going to grow out of the water like that. How
is it connected to dry land on the side we can't see? Two little bridges
like on the side we can, or more? The bridges on this side don't seem like
a lot of capacity for such a major station.

Note that West India Quay and Canary Wharf DLR aren't even in the photo.
I think the walking route to both CW DLR and Jubilee Line stations will
be reasonably short (via the collonade of trees, bottom right), but the
only route that doesn't require crossing roads is to West India Quay.

Can it be a colonnade if it's trees? I'm sure there's a word for this -
i've looked it up and found 'allee', but that's not what i was thinking
of.

Finally, the man in the appallingly ill-fitting suit is apparently our
prime minister, though I can't find any planning documents that back
this up.

Ah, well now there's a detail that will almost certainly have been dropped
by 2016 ...

tom

--
Beware! Inside pie, there are chickens, gamecubes, Moltres, Raichu,
and bacteria(in a good way!) -- Wikipedia