Old December 20th 03, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
I@n I@n is offline

Default Omg! Yet more strikes

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:51:43 -0000, "Oliver Keating"
wrote:

I have had enough. London Underground workers are going on strike and
affecting millions of people because they think one of their collegues was
unfairly dismissed.

I think its about time that we had a serious look at union powers, I think
the LU Unions are too powerful. How on earth can a bunch of 600 drivers be
paid around £30k/year for what is essentially a low-skilled job?

I think it's about time the union figured out that they are tipping
away any last drips of support the public may have had for them with
this case.

How many of the drivers would have supported the strike had it NOT
been on Christmas/New Year's eve thus getting them an extended
holiday.

Maybe the guy was not well enough to drive a train, who knows, there
don't seem to be any facts in the public arena, but I can't believe he
was not well enough to show up at work and do some other job or even
just ride the route each day to keep up his familiarity with it.