Old May 16th 09, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Crossrail under way

"Paul Scott" wrote..
To save searching can anyone remember where the other ends of the Bond St
and Tottenham Court Rd stations are - IIRC they aren't near existing
stations though.

Both extend widely to new entrances (eg TCR will new entrances at Hanocer
square and near Centre point), but neither will impinge on neighbouring
stations.

I'm pretty sure that L'pool St/Moorgate and Farringdon/Barbican are the only
ones where this is an issue.

Station naming is a big issue for the fire brigade - I recall a few years
ago a proposal to rename Monument as Bank, which has a certain logic, but
with some 12 entrances (I made that up - but there's plenty), the LFB
reckoned that getting to the right one in event of fire or terrorist
activity was going to be a tad difficult.
--

Andrew