Old December 20th 03, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
I@n I@n is offline

Default Buses Acceptable ?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:11:44 -0000, "Edward Cowling"
wrote:

Someone said to me the other day that if nothing
else Ken Livingstone had made buses an acceptable
way to travel.

Everyone uses buses these days, they said.

Do they ? I still consider the bus as drop in
centres on wheels and would rather walk 5 miles
in the rain than use one.

What is the overall perception of them out there
in Internet land ??

Yep brilliant, I almost always take the bus in from Hammersmith to
London and back, the most influential reason is probably that it now
costs just 65p as opposed to £2 on the tube. Takes a few minutes
longer than the tube but not an appreciable amount, and is definitely
a better experience (seat every time, more space, better scenery
outside, better entertainment from the conductor, can hop off more or
less wherever you want, no shuffling in passageways to get to the
platform etc etc etc etc etc)

One routemaster route past my house but all the others have got new
buses now.