Old May 17th 09, 01:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Taking a bike from London Bridge to Hither Green on a thursday

On Sat, 16 May 2009, wrote:

In article . li,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2009,
wrote:

In article . li,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

Ah, i'd shamelessly filtered to near the front, and then found that
i couldn't take a secondary position, and chickened out of scooting
out in front of the head of the queue to take primary. In the end i
just pedalled like mad and prayed.

I find I have no problem getting away at the front at lights and
my bike is pretty ordinary.

How is that relevant?

No pedalling like mad or praying required.

And do you then, having queue-jumped in front of them as would have been
the case in this situation, stay ahead of cars trying to do 40 mph down a
narrow road with neither effort nor prayer? I could have done it, by
taking the primary position and riding at a normal pace, but that would
have been stunningly antisocial.

tom

--
Model 706-8073-421, Robot Sonic