Old May 17th 09, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Taking a bike from London Bridge to Hither Green on a thursday

In article . li,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2009,
wrote:

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

wrote:
In article . li,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2009,
wrote:

In article . li,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

Ah, i'd shamelessly filtered to near the front, and then found
that i couldn't take a secondary position, and chickened out of
scooting out in front of the head of the queue to take
primary. In the end i just pedalled like mad and prayed.

I find I have no problem getting away at the front at lights and
my bike is pretty ordinary.

How is that relevant?

No pedalling like mad or praying required.

The performance of a human-propelled vehicle is somewhat dependent
on the performance of the propellor.

Human standing start performance is much better than an ICE with
a ton of metal for most values of human power. And that's all you
need to get out of the way starting at lights.

Ah, so you hadn't bothered to read my description of that junction,
then.

I thought I had, including your comment that you chickened out.

--
Colin Rosenstiel