Old December 20th 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
I@n I@n is offline

Default Another Oyster Prepay Thread - How Do You Buy It?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:18:23 +0000 (UTC), David Jackman
wrote:

"Q" wrote in
:

Prepay oyster can be got over the counter from *any* LUL ticket office.
For prepay you *do not* need a photo card, *nor* do you need to
register it. Only from the tele sales team, or the website.

What happens if the user of a "pre pay only" Oyster card wants to load a
season ticket onto it? Do they then have to register a phot card?

David

I just revisted oystercard.com and on the prepay page (in its stupid
little window) read:

* Do I need a photocard for Oyster Pre Pay?

Yes. All Oyster customers are required to enter a photocard number
when buying online. If you would like to purchase further tickets on
Oyster, such as 7-Day or Monthly you can do so right away without the
need to get another photocard.

I am going to try again at buying it tomorrow when I'm up in zone 1.
The site also now mentions a date of 15 December, after which Prepay
can be topped up at all tube stations, so maybe all the staff will
know about it now since that date has definitely passed.