Old May 17th 09, 06:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Jackman[_2_] David Jackman[_2_] is offline

Default Railcard changes w.e.f. 17/05/09

Mizter T wrote in news:f113c50f-7cba-4ad5-9223-
:

On Apr 30, 10:42*am, stan5001 wrote:

And given that Clapham Junction is a London Overground station if I
went to the ticket office, would they sell me one for £4.90!?

No - the ticket office and ticket machines are run by South West
Trains.

Furthermore, I rather suspect that if you were to buy a Railcard-
discounted Day Travelcard from a London Overground ticket office or
ticket machine it too would cost £5.00, as LO use 'National Rail
standard' ticket issuing systems.

It does seem remarkably daft that LU can't manage to sell these
tickets for the same price as 'National Rail' does - it introduces a
completely unnecessary confusion factor where there's absolutely no
need for one.

Buying a discounted Z1-6 from an LU ticket office this morning, I was
charged £5.00. Apparently the previous £4.90 was a pricing mistake which
has now been corrected. Hoorah!!!

David