Old May 17th 09, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David A Stocks[_2_] David A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail under way

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Hanover Square / Tenterden St behind Oxford St / Oxford Circus is the
eastern exit point for Bond St Station. IIRC there is no physical link
to Oxford Circus tube station. Only in London could we fail to provide
such a link.

To provide such an interchange here would probably add so much to the cost
of the scheme that it would never happen. I limit my use of Oxford Circus to
the cross platform interchanges between the Victoria and Bakerloo lines, and
that's bad enough. The thought of adding a load of Crossrail passengers to
the scrum doesn't bear thinking about. It would make more sense to add an
interchange as part of a (much needed) rebuild of Oxford Circus station,
rather than trying to do it as part of Crossrail.

David A Stocks