Old May 18th 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default London Terminals National Rail tickets and London Underground gates

In message of Mon, 18 May
2009 11:37:20 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes
On Mon, 18 May 2009 11:00:51 +0100, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

My partner and I did part of the Lea Valley Walk, yesterday, between
Hatfield and Hertford, starting at London. We got single tickets; we
would have been cheaper to use returns to Stevenage.

On our way back, a Hatfield to London Terminals ticket was valid at
Moorgate after we got the Underground at Finsbury Park - those NR
services do not run to Moorgate at the weekend.
The ticket was returned by the machine; I started to wonder what worked.
I then found the following:

OUT IN Station
Y - KXSP NR
- Y KXSP LU
N - Farringdon
N - Barbican
Y Y Moorgate
N N Liverpool Street

This is exactly as it should work given the validity parameters that are
encoded on the ticket. It would also have worked at Old Street but not
at Angel if your wanderings had taken you down the Northern Line City
branch.

I had not even considered Angel as it never had a National Rail service.
OTOH, Old Street does on weekdays. I am VERY confused. ;(

I think I can even recall setting up the data in the system for that
many, many years ago.

What a wonderfully informed reply!
Why don't LU outgoing gates swallow X - London Terminals single tickets?

Would you expect:
London Terminals to Kemble to allow Moorgate to Paddington;
Oxford to London Terminals to allow Paddington to Moorgate?
(Thames Path from source to Oxford over 4 days, next weekend.)
--
Walter Briscoe