Old May 19th 09, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
MB MB is offline

Default Photography diplomatic incident

"MB" wrote in message
. net...

"furnessvale" wrote in message
On May 18, 6:09 pm, 1506 wrote:

Let me be clear that obtrusively photographing someone else’s child is
entirely unacceptable. It is a sad day when the courts have to deal
with a matter this trivial. The photographer should have known
better.

In the wider context, photography in the streets has been acceptable
for decades. Indeed it is a normal activity for tourists. I dislike
the notion that somehow that has ceased to be the case.

Does anyone know the facts of this case? It seems highly unlikely
that a straightforward photo of the child would result in a court
appearance even if the parents did get upset.

I have no knowledge of this case but, for example, if a photographer
lowered his camera to obtain a shot up the childs skirt, would that
affect the situation. I think so, others may differ.

George

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_282766.html

MB

This is a very strange reply to the question

"Asked whether police confiscated the photographer's camera, the BTP
spokesman told us: 'As is standard police procedure, items would have been
removed from him prior to him being placed into a cell. They would have
been securely stored and then returned to him.' "

You would think a simple "Yes" or "No" would be sufficient.

MB