Old December 21st 03, 03:06 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Doki Doki is offline

Default reducing congestion

"Oliver Keating" wrote in message

I can't say I have a second home, but why should a second home be

heavily
taxed?

Because people who own 2 houses are clearly very rich, and the rich should
be targeted for tax for two reasons:

1) Social justice

What on earth is social justice? I don't know if you've ever noticed, but
people who have a fair bit of money chucking around generally have it for a
reason. The average rich person probably runs a business which employs a
fair few people, or is high up in a business and through their work ensures
the business is profitable, thus employing people. It's not like they've
made their money by walking around flogging the working classes and killing
their children. The aforementioned rich ******* and his employees go and
spend money, which makes more jobs for the people selling goods and
providing services. You tax people purely because they're rich and all you
do is put off people from being enterprising.

2) It would actually be impossible to raise enough revenue if everyone was
taxed to the same %age because the rich provide a disproportionately large
chunk of revenue.

But if you reduce the tax burden surely you encourage enterprise, which
moves more money around the economy and thus you still get your tax. I am
not an economist, but AFAIK there are still arguments about high vs low tax
. The rich will always provide you with more revenue per capita as they're
spending and earning more cash.