Old May 22nd 09, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spam@johnband.org is offline

Default Commuters suffer while Crowe inflates his ego even further

On May 22, 1:02*pm, David Cantrell wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 06:18:39AM -0700, Mizter T wrote:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *see the
comments from Howard Collins, COO of LU, in this press release:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/11781.aspx

" He's management. *He would say that. "

And it's a press release, so is almost certainly a lie, just like
other press releases.

Very few press releases are lies.

Admittedly, very few press releases tell the whole truth.

The District Dave thread on this subject is interesting; I shan't link
because IIRC they don't like that. It's clear that:
1) a driver pressed the door open button on the wrong side
2) he failed to tell management about this immediately, which is the
rule laid down for this kind of accident
3) he was subsequently dismissed for failing to report the incident
4) the drivers are striking because of 3)
5) nobody seriously believes the equipment should be installed on the
Vic

It's not entirely clear whether the doors actually opened, or whether
he cancelled the action so quickly that nobody was exposed to any real
danger[*] and hence failing to report it wasn't entirely outrageous.
[*] although, not being a complete ****wit, I tend to check whether
there's a platform next to my train before I get off it. I recognise
that this isn't the principle on which present H&S legislation is
based.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org