Old May 24th 09, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default The past...

In article , MatSav
scribeth thus

"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2009, Marc wrote:

The past is like a foreign country they do things differently
there.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyz5d3entBw

Brilliant! Crossposted to uk.transport.london and uk.railway
so they
can enjoy it as well. Lovely shot of the aerials at the NPL
around
3:50, and a lovely section about the canal in the second part.

Thanks. At the risk of being pedantic, the pictured MSF
broadcasting array was about 100 miles away from the NPL which
was, and is, in Teddington.

Indeed it is - I work there!

Incidentally, the MSF signal is now broadcast from Anthorn, in
Cumbria.

Why's that down for maintenance so much?...

Ob Cycling: In a recent travel survey, something like 15% of the
750-strong workforce at NPL regularly cycle to work.

I would too but I need to cart a load of spares and test equipment
around all the time being on call most all of the week;!..
--
Tony Sayer