Old May 24th 09, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] furles@mail.croydon.ac.uk is offline

Default The past...

On 24 May, 13:06, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2009, Marc wrote:
The past is like a foreign country they do things differently there....

That's from a film that I've progected somewhere, long ago. The Go-
Between?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyz5d3entBw

Brilliant! Crossposted to uk.transport.london and uk.railway so they can
enjoy it as well. Lovely shot of the aerials at the NPL around 3:50, and a
lovely section about the canal in the second part.

Cyclists back then must have been made of cast iron. Nobody had anything
more advanced than a Sturmey-Archer three-speed [1], and yet they still
tackled open roads, hills, whatever. Makes my 27-speed setup seem a bit
wimpish really.

Belay that! In part two, they have to get off and push up a hill!

tom

[1] Some, of course, would deny that any such thing exists.

--
Re-enacting the future

Thank you fot that; this must be one of the few BTF films that I've
never seen.